We have received multiple calls to the office regarding taste and odor problems in the water supply. Due to current weather conditions and lack of rainfall; conditions of our source (Kentucky River)water are deteriorating. The water treatment process has been adjusted to deal with the source conditions, but the taste and odor issues cannot be improved until significant rainfall occurs.
THE WATER HAS BEEN TESTED BY OUR PROVIDER AND IS SAFE FOR CONSUMPTION.
Monitoring of water quality and testing has and is still being performed by the water plant and the water district to ensure the safety of the drinking water delivered to your home. The conditions are also being monitored by the Kentucky Division of Water for safety standards. In the event of any changes that require additional procedures by our customers, we will notify you immediately.
We are sorry for any taste/odor issues you are having at your home, but we want to let you know that the treatment operators are doing everything in their power to improve the situation.
Thank you for your patience during this period.
For more information on water supply conditions please visit. eec.ky.gov
SOUTH ANDERSON WATER DISTRICT
WATER LEAK TIPS
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO DETERMINE YOU HAVE A WATER LEAK:
- LOCATE YOUR WATER METER. ( USUALLY LOCATED IN YOUR FRONT YARD).
- REMOVE THE METER LID.
- OPEN THE PLASTIC LID TO THE REGISTER IN THE METER BOX.
- CLEAN THE DIRT AND DEBRIS OF THE REGISTER.
- READ YOUR WATER METER AND WRITE DOWN THE READING.
- DO NOT USE ANY WATER.
READ YOUR METER AGAIN IN 15 MIN. IF THE READING HAS CHANGED, THAT WOULD INDICATE YOU HAVE A LEAK.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO ISOLATE YOUR LEAK:
- LOCATE THE SHUT-OFF VALVE TO YOUR HOME AND TURN OFF. READ YOUR WATER METER AGAIN.
- WAIT 15 MIN AND READ YOUR METER AGAIN. IF THE WATER METER READING REMAINS THE SAME, THE LEAK IS INSIDE THE HOME AND YOU STOPPED THE LEAK WHEN YOU TURNED OFF THE MAIN SHUT-OFF VALVE.
- IF THE WATER METER READING HAS CHANGED YOUR LEAK IS OUTSIDE YOUR HOME AND IS LOCATED IN THE LINE, OR ANOTHER AREA NOT CONTROLLED BY THE MAIN SHUT-OFF VALVE TO YOUR HOUSE.
- YOU CAN REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR EACH SHUT-OFF VALVE YOU HAVE UNTIL THE METER READING DOES NOT CHANGE.
The South Anderson Water District is not affiliated with DOXO or any other bill payment services.
To guarantee that your payment is received by our office in the appropriate time frame we ask that you please use SOUTHANDERSONWATER.COM
Customers making payments through all 3rd party entities are subject to any additional penalties or charges to the account if the district has not RECEIVED payments by the appropriate due date.
If your service has been disconnected you must contact our office to have service restored in a timely manner. Payments made through SOUTHANDERSONWATER.COM after disconnection do not reflect the current balance on your account. Service will NOT be restored to your residence until all fees applied due to disconnection are paid in full.
THE 2018 CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT
2018 South Anderson Water District annual report is available. This report contains important information about your drinking water. Please go to http://www.krwa.org/2018ccr/southanderson.pdf to view your 2018 annual quality report or to request a paper copy call (502)839-6919.
THE DISTRICTS MISSION IS TO PROVIDE THE RESIDENTS OF RURAL ANDERSON COUNTY WITH A SAFE, POTABLE SUPPLY OF DRINKING WATER IN THEIR HOMES AND BUSINESSES.