If you are having a problem with your plumbing system please call a local plumber, if this is a problem with the district's system please call our office at 502-839-6919 for emergency contact information.
Due to the Covid/19 issues
Monday-Friday phone lines are open from 10 am to 4:00 pm out to lunch 12 AM - 1 PM.
This change will be temporary and will be adjusted as our personal Covid/19 issues subside, thank you for your patience during this time.
South Anderson Water District.
Please call the office to update your information.
ATTENTION ACCOUNT HOLDERS WHO HAVE AN OVERDUE BALANCE:
The governor’s office and the Kentucky Public Service Commission on October 20, 2020, have discontinued the order to halt the disconnection of utility service for non-payment.
THE SOUTH ANDERSON WATER DISTRICT WILL RESUME DISCONNECTS FOR ALL NON-PAYMENT ON ACCOUNTS IN JANUARY 2021.
Due to the pandemic situation, the PSC and governor’s office are allowing the district to accept payment plan agreements for accounts that have accumulated a balance beginning March 6, 2020, thru October 20, 2020.
All customers whose accounts have accumulated a balance during the above time frame are eligible. There is no interest or fees on the agreement. The district will be sending agreements to applicable accounts over the next 7 days. The agreement, to be valid, must be signed and returned to our office by JANUARY 5,2021.
The district is not responsible for items lost in the mail or for your failure to complete and return the documents in a timely fashion. This is your responsibility and failure to do so could result in your service being disconnect.
Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.
TO AVOID POSSIBLE DAMAGE TO WATER MAINS, THE DISTRICT REQUEST THAT YOU PLACE NO POLITICAL/OTHER SIGNS NEAR THE WATER LINE LOCATION/EASEMENT ON YOUR PROPERTY.
IF YOU BELIEVE THIS AREA MUST BE USED, PLEASE CALL 811 INSTALLATION TO HAVE ALL UTILITIES MARKED IN THE AREA.
CORONA VIRUS WHILE CONTINUING BUSINESS OPERATIONS, THE SOUTH ANDERSON WATER DISTRICT WILL BE TAKING THE FOLLOWING ACTION:
THE DISTRICTS WILL BE RESUMING NORMAL HOURS OF OPERATION JUNE 08,2020 UNDER THE "HEALTHY AT WORK" INITIATIVE FROM THE GOVERNORS OFFICE.
DUE TO THE CONTINUED RISK OF COVID-19 THE LOBBY WILL REMAIN CLOSED TO WALK IN-IN CUSTOMER SERVICE. THE CLOSURE OF THE OFFICE FOR ALL WALK-IN SERVICE IS DUE TO THE DISTRICT MAINTAINING A SMALL STAFF AND CONCERNS OF PROVIDING ADEQUATE SERVICE IN THE EVENT OF AN OUTBREAK OF THE VIRUS AMONG STAFF.
THE DISTRICT STRONGLY SUGGEST THAT ALL CUSTOMER WISHING TO MAKE PAYMENTS TO THEIR ACCOUNT PLEASE USE THE FOLLOWING:
PAYMENTS WILL ALSO BE ABLE TO BE MADE BY DEBIT/CREDIT CARD OVER THE PHONE MON-FRI 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM. southandersonwater.com FOR ONLINE PAYMENTS.
MAILING TO SOUTH ANDERSON WATER DISTRICT P.O. BOX 17, LAWRENCEBURG. KY.40342.USING OUR DROPBOX @ 1521 FIELDSTONE DRIVE. IN LAWRENCEBURG. IF YOU FEEL THAT IT IS "NECESSARY" FOR YOU TO COME INTO OUR LOBBY AND YOUR REQUEST CANNOT BE MET BY ANY OF THE METHODS ABOVE, THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA WILL BE REQUIRED.
1. CUSTOMER MUST CALL AND SCHEDULE AN "APPOINTMENT" TO COMPLET REQUEST.
2. CUSTOMER WILL "REQUIRED" TO HAVE TEMPERATURE TAKEN PRIOR TO ENTERING BUILDING (THIS WILL BE PREFORMED BY DISTRICT STAFF).
3. CUSTOMER WILL BE "REQUIRED" TO WEAR MASK PRIOR TO ENTERING THE BUILDING. (CUSTOMER PROVIDES OWN MASK).
4. CUSTOMER WILL BE "REQUIRED" TO ANSWER SEVERAL COVID-19 HEALTH ASSESSMENT QUESTIONS AND SIGN A DOCUMENT THAT ATTESTS TO THE ACCURACY OF THEIR ANSWERS.
WE WISH TO "THANK YOU" FOR YOUR ANTICIPATED COOPERATION TO THESE REQUIREMENTS DURING THIS TIME AND TO RE-OPEN THE LOBBY TO WALK-INS AFTER THE PANDEMIC LOWERED.
PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE PERIODICALLY FOR INFORMATION UPDATES
WATER LEAK TIPS
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO DETERMINE YOU HAVE A WATER LEAK:
- LOCATE YOUR WATER METER. ( USUALLY LOCATED IN YOUR FRONT YARD).
- REMOVE THE METER LID.
- OPEN THE PLASTIC LID TO THE REGISTER IN THE METER BOX.
- CLEAN THE DIRT AND DEBRIS OF THE REGISTER.
- READ YOUR WATER METER AND WRITE DOWN THE READING.
- DO NOT USE ANY WATER.
READ YOUR METER AGAIN IN 15 MIN. IF THE READING HAS CHANGED, THAT WOULD INDICATE YOU HAVE A LEAK.
FOLLOW THESE STEPS TO ISOLATE YOUR LEAK:
- LOCATE THE SHUT-OFF VALVE TO YOUR HOME AND TURN OFF. READ YOUR WATER METER AGAIN.
- WAIT 15 MIN AND READ YOUR METER AGAIN. IF THE WATER METER READING REMAINS THE SAME, THE LEAK IS INSIDE THE HOME AND YOU STOPPED THE LEAK WHEN YOU TURNED OFF THE MAIN SHUT-OFF VALVE.
- IF THE WATER METER READING HAS CHANGED YOUR LEAK IS OUTSIDE YOUR HOME AND IS LOCATED IN THE LINE, OR ANOTHER AREA NOT CONTROLLED BY THE MAIN SHUT-OFF VALVE TO YOUR HOUSE.
- YOU CAN REPEAT THIS PROCESS FOR EACH SHUT-OFF VALVE YOU HAVE UNTIL THE METER READING DOES NOT CHANGE.
The South Anderson Water District is not affiliated with DOXO or any other bill payment services.
To guarantee that your payment is received by our office in the appropriate time frame we ask that you please use SOUTHANDERSONWATER.COM
Customers making payments through all 3rd party entities are subject to any additional penalties or charges to the account if the district has not RECEIVED payments by the appropriate due date.
If your service has been disconnected you must contact our office to have service restored in a timely manner. Payments made through SOUTHANDERSONWATER.COM after disconnection do not reflect the current balance on your account. Service will NOT be restored to your residence until all fees applied due to disconnection are paid in full.
THE 2019 CONSUMER CONFIDENCE REPORT
2019 South Anderson Water District annual report is available. This report contains important information about your drinking water. Please go to http://www.krwa.org/ccr/southanderson.pdf to view your 2018 annual quality report or to request a paper copy call (502)839-6919.
THE DISTRICTS MISSION IS TO PROVIDE THE RESIDENTS OF RURAL ANDERSON COUNTY WITH A SAFE, POTABLE SUPPLY OF DRINKING WATER IN THEIR HOMES AND BUSINESSES.